January 5, 2013

One Day in Hong Kong Disneyland (Part 2/2)

In the last part I visited Main Street U.S.A., Tomorrowland and Adventureland. This time ,we head to the back of the park to check out Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point, Toy Story Playland and Fantasyland. 

As we pass by the Jungle Cruise's lake, we come across a path that leads us to Grizzly Gulch. It is true that Grizzly Mountain is a fairly short mountain, but it certainly does not fail to attract everyone's attention.




The little town has been flooded by Asian tourists.


This is the entrance to the hyped attraction, "Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars". 


As you walk in the queue, we take a glimpse of the workplace of the miners.


The queue is quite long, and the route is almost fixed. It is




Waiting to board the train.


Here we go!


I could not take any pictures during the ride due to safety reasons.(I almost lost my camera in Tokyo DisneySea when I attempted this.) Sorry about that.

I think the ride is absolutely brilliant, since Mine Car is my favorite kind of coaster. I would not talk about the ride's storyline here as it is best when you experience it for the first time.
However, I do feel that the ride's pace is not perfect. I can tell that the ride slows down when the guests are expecting a climax.

This is the final climax, and it feels very nice to be l*****ed out of the cave by d*******.

As usual, a few shots of the night view.




Next I passed by Mystic Point. Please forgive me for those two terrible photos. I promise to get better shots when I am back there in August.


Ever since I got spoiled by reading about the story of Grizzly Mountain before I had got on the ride, I stopped to read those. So I know almost nothing about this land right now.


 After Mystic Point we have Toy Story Playland!





See if you can spot me!!! Haha!!!



The land is amazingly detailed, with these toy sticks as fences.


We did not spend too much time in this land as we rushed to watch Golden Mickeys, a stage show performing classic songs from Disney films. (Too bad it does not feature "Part of Your World".




After that we went to Royal Banquet Hall for dinner. It was a place to celebrate the Disney princesses.




Mickey's PhilharMagic is a 4D attraction. The screen actually changes size during the show and it was a true "wide" screen experience.




People are waiting for the parade to arrive. The photos of Flights of Fantasy Parade will be in another post.



As we walked to the back of the castle, we got on our last ride. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. ( This is the first attraction I have ever ridden in a Disney park!)






And that's all of my day in Hong Kong Disneyland. It is a bit rush for me as I sadly did not have the chance to look around the park in detail. But this visit certainly makes me fall in love with Hong Kong Disneyland and I will probably become a frequent visitor.


2 comments:

  1. Hello, I totally agree. Hong Kong Disneyland is a truly delightful Disney Park. I had the opportunity to visit the park with my wife and two daughters (8 and 12 years old) during our stay in Hong Kong (april 2014). Living only a 4-hour drive by car from Disneyland Paris, we have already visited the European Disney Park several times. However, we have to admit that Hong Kong Disneyland is more cosy and enchanting (and what an amazing location ... with the mountain setting behind Sleeping Beauty Castle). The Grizzly Mountain Coaster and Mystic Manor are really amazing attractions! Peter (from Belgium - Europe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter,

      It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed the park. Indeed with Grizzly Mountain and Mystic Manor, Hong Kong Disneyland has become a park that is both traditional and unique.

      I assume you have also enjoyed your stay in Hong Kong?

      Well personally I admire Disneyland Paris very much and wish to visit it someday.

      Thanks for stopping by~

      Luke

      Delete